Are you considering a career in aerospace or are you currently enrolled in aerospace studies? This is a reminder that the Ontario Aerospace Council is offering four scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year including one Women in Aerospace Canada Scholarship! The value of each scholarship is $2,500 and the deadline to apply is May 3, 2019. For more information, please visit the OAC website.
The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as an Assistant Communications Officer starting in May. Please see below for all the details.
Assistant Communications Officer
Reference No: ACO19-001
Position(s): One (1) Permanent Part Time – Assistant Communications Officer
Term: Starting May 2019 (22.5 hours/week)
The successful candidate will be one that is highly organized and tech-savvy with a keen attention to detail and will be working with the Communications Officer in coordinating and administering communications, public relations, websites and databases, as well as other administrative duties as required. Flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving, and sound communication skills are key qualities for this position.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the national website using WordPress in English and French
- Write, revise and format various documents and reports in English and French (press releases, letters, brochures, magazine articles, newsletters)
- Design and update documents containing graphic elements
- Manage and monitor social medias accounts of the ACLC
- Participate in meetings on public relations and communications
- Provide general technical support to members and ACLC staff
- Daily administrative operations including filing, scanning, mailing
- Assist with providing logistical and clerical support for our Annual General Meeting and Semi-Annual Meeting
- Travel within Canada for national events
- Other duties and projects as required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience related to the position
- Post-secondary education in communications, technology or related field
- Experience using MSOffice, databases, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English and French
- Well organized, self-starter, independent, detail oriented, fast learner
- Excellent customer service abilities, ability to work in a team
- Ability to adapt to change, to meet deadlines
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization and/or the cadet program is an asset
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Although an application deadline is provided, the Air Cadet League of Canada could make hiring decisions before this date.)
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 18. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring for a summer position! We are looking for someone aged 15 to 30 to join us as an Administrative Assistant from July to August. For more details including how to apply, please consult the following document.
It is now or never for the ACL 2019 National Awards! You have until the end of the day to send your nominations! This is the perfect opportunity to thank our wonderful volunteers for their outstanding service. All details available in the following document.
Thousands of dollars are still available! This is a reminder that you have until April 1st to apply to our post-secondary scholarships by completing the following form.
Are you considering a career in aerospace or are you currently enrolled in aerospace studies? The Ontario Aerospace Council is offering four scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year including one Women in Aerospace Canada Scholarship! The value of each scholarship is $2,500 and the deadline to apply is May 3, 2019. For more information, please visit the OAC website.
The average tuition fees for an undergraduate degree in Canada is $6,838 per year. Wondering how you will pay for your post-secondary education? Apply to one of the eight scholarships offered by the Air Cadet League of Canada! Thousands of dollars are available! All you have to do is complete the ACC64 form before April 1st. An application example is also available to help you fill the form.
The new year has begun and it is now time for the ACL 2019 National Awards nominations! This is the occasion to thank our wonderful volunteers for their outstanding service.
All details available in the document below: