The Air Cadet League is seeking candidates interested in serving on the National Board of Governors for the 2020-2021 training year. The successful candidate must share a deep interest in supporting the Air Cadet program throughout Canada. Specific skills required for the Board are outlined in the attached letter. Where applicable, please circulate the letter to all members in your organization.
Full details and registration form for sponsors and exhibitors can be downloaded here, full instructions for completing and submitting your form are included.
For squadrons who want their cadets to have access to special presentations throughout the day, and the chance to speak directly with industry leaders and educators about future career opportunities, please fill this registration form. Transportation support will be provided to eligible squadrons.
The average tuition fees for an undergraduate degree in Canada is $6,463 per year. Wondering how you will pay for your post-secondary education? Apply to one of the nine scholarships offered by the Air Cadet League of Canada! Thousands of dollars are available! All you have to do is complete the ACC64 form before April 1st. An application example is also available to help you fill the form.
We would like to extend a big congratulations to our Honorary President Lt. Col. (retired) Maryse Carmichael for being a recipient of the Moose Jaw campus Honorary Diploma from Saskatchewan Polytechnic!
The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as an Administrative Officer starting in February. Please see below for all the details.
Reference No: ADM20-01
Position(s): One (1) Full Time – Administrative Officer
Term: Starting February 2020 (37.5 hours/week)
The successful candidate will be one that is highly organized with a keen attention to detail and will provide general administrative support and assist with office logistics and organization. Flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving, and sound communication skills are key qualities for this position.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage administrative operations
- Supervise one Administrative Assistant
- Financial tasks including depositing cheques, issuing tax receipts, submitting invoices and expense claims for payment;
- Track, collate, and distribute documents for corporate meetings, often working within tight timeframes;
- Archive records; administer the retention and destruction of records;
- Draft documents for review, including correspondence, minutes, agendas, and reports;
- Proofread text with detailed attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone and consistency; and
- Maintain an organized electronic/paper filing system with the ability to retrieve information and documents efficiently.
- Complete all functions and tasks in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards, League policies and procedures, and other relevant legislation.
- Other duties and projects as required
- Post-secondary education (essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English; French an asset
- Experience using MSOffice, social media platforms, databases (essential)
- Management experience (desirable)
- Experience with financial administration (desirable)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Although an application deadline is provided, the Air Cadet League of Canada could make hiring decisions before this date.)
$39,000.00 with benefits package
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 18. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
The new year has begun and it is now time for the ACL 2020 National Awards nominations! This is the occasion to thank our wonderful volunteers for their outstanding service.
All details available in the document below:
LCol (ret’d) Villeneuve was a stellar example for many airmen, air women and cadets. He will be sadly missed and remembered for his passion for inspiring generations of Canadian aviators.
On behalf of all the staff at the Air Cadet League of Canada, we would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season. May you all enjoy the holiday break and a healthy and successful year 2020!
Please note that the National Office will close on December 20, 2019 and reopen January 6, 2020.