The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as an Administrative Assistant starting in November. Please see below for all the details.
Reference No: ADM19-004
Position(s): One (1) Permanent Part-Time – Admin. Assistant
Term: Starting November 2019 (22.5 hours/week)
The successful candidate will be one that is highly organized with a keen attention to detail and will provide general administrative support and assist with office logistics and organization. Flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving, and sound communication skills are key qualities for this position.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in daily administrative operations, including scheduling meetings, handling files reports, prioritizing tasks, and assisting other administrative staff as required;
- Monitor action items for the management team and follow up to ensure completion;
- Track, collate, and distribute documents for corporate meetings, often working within tight timeframes;
- Archive records; administer the retention and destruction of records;
- Coordinate tasks and initiatives with various levels of staff
- Draft documents for review, including correspondence, minutes, agendas, and reports;
- Proofread text with detailed attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone and consistency; and
- Maintain an organized electronic/paper filing system with the ability to retrieve information and documents efficiently.
- Completes all functions and tasks in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards, League policies and procedures, and other relevant legislation.
- Other duties and projects as required
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent customer servicer abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English; French an asset
- Experience using MSOffice, social media platforms, databases
- Well organized, self-starter, independent
- Possesses good judgment, professional, ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Although an application deadline is provided, the Air Cadet League of Canada could make hiring decisions before this date.
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 18. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.