The Cadet Instructors Cadre (CIC) consists of specially trained part-time members of the Canadian Forces. CIC officers are responsible for cadet training, supervision, and administration.
CIC officers are important figures in the life of a cadet. Many CIC officers were once cadets themselves, but this is not a prerequisite. To become a CIC officer, a candidate must participate in a series of personal interviews and:
- Be of good character and in good standing in the community.
- Be recommended by the Commanding Officer (CO), the sponsor and the appropriate League representative associated with the cadet corps / squadron filling a vacancy.
- Be 18 years old and able to complete at least one year of service before reaching CIC compulsory retirement age of 65.
- Meet specific medical standards.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent. In exceptional circumstances, an applicant with less education but with unique qualifications and work history may apply.
For more information on the CIC, please visit: