The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as a Communications Assistant starting in August. Please see below for all the details.
Reference No: CA19-003
Position(s): One (1) Permanent Part Time – Communications Assistant
Term: Starting August 2019 (22.5 hours/week)
The successful candidate will be one that is highly organized and tech-savvy with a keen attention to detail and will be working with the Communications Officer in coordinating and administering communications, public relations, websites and databases, as well as other administrative duties as required. Flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving, and sound communication skills are key qualities for this position.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the national website using WordPress in English and French
- Write, revise and format various documents and reports in English and French (press releases, letters, brochures, magazine articles, newsletters)
- Design and update documents containing graphic elements
- Manage and monitor social medias accounts of the ACLC
- Participate in meetings on public relations and communications
- Provide general technical support to members and ACLC staff
- Daily administrative operations including filing, scanning, mailing
- Assist with providing logistical and clerical support for our Annual General Meeting and Semi-Annual Meeting
- Travel within Canada for national events
- Other duties and projects as required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience related to the position
- Post-secondary education in communications, technology or related field
- Experience using MSOffice, databases, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English and French
- Well organized, self-starter, independent, detail oriented, fast learner
- Excellent customer service abilities, ability to work in a team
- Ability to adapt to change, to meet deadlines
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization and/or the cadet program is an asset
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Although an application deadline is provided, the Air Cadet League of Canada could make hiring decisions before this date.)
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 18. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.