The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as an Executive Director starting in October. Please see below for all the details.
Reference No: ED17-001
Position(s): FTE Indeterminate
Term: Starting October 2017 (37.5/hrs/wk)
The Executive Director (ED) supervises the day to day operations, finances, fundraising initiatives and administration of the League. The ED will serve as the Secretary of the Corporation (Officer) to ensure that all legal and business requirements are met. The Executive Director will maintain strategic links with aviation industry partners and ensure continued partnership with its stakeholders – in particular, the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces.
The successful candidate will be one who is an experienced, forward-thinking and practical leader with the skills to successfully implement a newly developed strategic plan. They are highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the organization including:
- Managing finances: budgeting, grant-writing, fiscal management, investments and reporting
- Managing human resources and overseeing staff including recruiting/releasing, discipline, staff reviews, managing conflicts, maintaining a respectful environment
- Managing organizational development: supporting the development of a strong Board of Governors; maintaining professional and collaborative board and committee relations
- Implementing the strategic plan and connection with Mission, Vision and Values
- Managing a communications plan for all stakeholders including members, volunteers, donors
- Managing charitable compliance in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Managing compliance in accordance with the Not for Profit Corporations Act
- Managing office administration, awards, annual meetings and member services
- Implementing fundraising/resource generation initiatives to ensure the League’s long-term sustainability
- Managing insurance portfolios and organizational risk management
- Developing, recommending, implementing League bylaws, policy and procedure
- Managing governance relationships and relationships with provincial affiliates
- Representing the organization with external stakeholders and developing relationships
The successful applicant holds a College or University degree with five (5) years of management experience, preferably in youth or non-profit organizations. The ability to work in both official languages is essential. Knowledge of the Cadet program, the general aviation and aerospace community, and the military are definite assets.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Full time indeterminate
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 19. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Please state salary expectations in your cover letter. No phone calls please.