The Air Cadet League of Canada is hiring! We are looking for someone to join us as an Administrative Assistant starting in September. Please see below for all the details.
Reference No: ADM17-005
Position(s): One (1) Part Time – Admin. Assistant (1 yr. contract)
Term: Starting Sept 2017 (24/hrs/wk)
The successful candidate will be one that is highly organized with a keen attention to detail and will provide general administrative support and assist with office logistics and organization, particularly in fundraising administration. Flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving, and sound communication skills are key qualities for this position.
NOTE: Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate. Indicate any experience as a cadet if applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in daily administrative operations and fundraising administration.
- Answer phone, handle correspondence, letter campaigns and assist other staff as required;
- Data-input donor information, searches, mail merges, generate information from fundraising database;
- Monitor action items for the management team and follow up to ensure completion;
- Track, collate, and distribute documents for meetings, often working within tight timeframes;
- Archive records; and administer the retention and destruction of records;
- Draft documents for review, including correspondence, minutes, agendas, and reports;
- Proofread text with detailed attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone and consistency; and
- Maintain an organized electronic/paper filing system with the ability to retrieve information and documents efficiently.
- Completes all functions and tasks in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards, League policies and procedures, and other relevant legislation.
- Other duties and projects as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience related to the position
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English and French
- Experience using MSOffice, SUMAC (or equivalent fundraising tools), databases
- Well organized, self-starter, independent
- Possesses good judgment, professional, ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Part-time 1-year contract
About the Air Cadet League of Canada (ACL)
The ACL is the non-profit charitable organization and civilian partner working with the Department of National Defence in the delivery of the cadet program to over 25,000 air cadets between the ages of 12 and 19. The ACL has a national office headquartered in Ottawa, 11 provincial and territorial committees, and over 450 local squadrons and are supported by over 6,000 dedicated volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.