We are pleased to announce two new annual national scholarship opportunities from our Jazz Aviation partnership for successful graduates of the ACLC Power Flight program. Air Cadets who are interested in pursuing a career as a commercial pilot can now apply for one of two new education scholarships.
The two scholarships that will be awarded for the first time in 2017 are:
- The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism. Awarded to a full-time student accepted and enrolled in a Jazz APP-affiliated aviation program for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3000 scholarship to one of the Jazz App programs.
- The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism and Diversity. Awarded to a full-time student accepted and enrolled in a Jazz APP-affiliated aviation program who has self-identified as Aboriginal, a person with a disability, a visible minority, or female; for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3000 scholarship to one of the Jazz APP programs.
All Cadets who have graduated from the Power program and meet the eligibility requirements can apply for the first award. Any Cadet who has graduated from the Power program and identifies themselves in one of the categories can apply for the second program. The committee will review all applications and may consider Cadets applying to the second award as candidates for the first award if warranted.
Finalists who are being considered for each of the awards will undergo an interview with representatives from Jazz.
The following information is required to be eligible:
- Complete the Application (attached) and submit to the Air Cadet League of Canada via email provided.
- Verification of successful enrolment in one of the Jazz APP programs offered through one of the following affiliated schools*:
- Algonquin College (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Cégep de Chicoutimi (Chicoutimi, Quebec)
- Confederation College (Thunder Bay, Ontario)
- Mount Royal University (Calgary, Alberta)
- Okanagan College (Kelowna, British Columbia)
- Sault College (Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario)
- Seneca College (Peterborough, Ontario)
- Western University (London, Ontario)
Applications must be received in digital form (PDF) no later than June 30 of the entrance year at the National Office of the Air Cadet League of Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org
Award recipients will be selected from all applications by the Air Cadet League in consultation with Jazz.
Any Air Cadet who has aged out after the June 30 submission date will still qualify for these awards and are encouraged to submit their application.
* Air Cadet winners will need to confirm their enrollment at one of the Jazz App programs to receive the scholarship. Verification of enrollment can be provided after the June 30 submission date when it has been confirmed to the Air Cadet.
To apply: ACC65